To make every cup of coffee from your machine a winner, you need to make sure your machine is in tip-top condition.
Before every coffee:
Purge your steam wand before steaming milk to expel any condensation.
Run water through the head of your machine before extraction to ensure water is running freely from head.
After every coffee:
Purge your steam wand after steaming milk to expel any leftovers from the wand.
Run water through the head of your machine after extraction to rinse off any grind still on screen.
Wipe down steam wand to remove any milk remaining on the outside.
Once you’re finished with your machine for the day:
- Clean the spent coffee out of the group handle and remove the filter basket.
- Empty the contents of the drip tray.
- Wipe any remaining milk off the steam wand.
- Use a head cleaning brush to remove any coffee build up on the group head.
- Take the drip tray, group handle, filter basket and steaming enhancer attachment if supplied and hand wash in warm soapy water.
- Do not put any of these items in a dishwasher or clean with a harsh scourer.
- Dry fully before reuse.
We recommend you descale/deep clean your machine at least every 4 – 6 months. Read more about descaling here.