In Colombia “El Bombon” means “The Lollipop” and Elias Echeverri and his family have produced a sweet treat to match the name. The aromatics are a mix of red fruit, honey and florals, with cocoa, spice and malt flavours and a toffee finish rounding out the cup.
Sharing a name with this coffee is Café Bombon – a traditional coffee-based dessert made with condensed milk, coffee and whipped cream. Try using El Bombon in your Café Bombon for a perfectly sweet pairing. There is a saying in Colombia “Barriga llena, corazón contento” which means, “full belly, happy heart” and we guarantee that anyone you serve this to will have both.
Buen provecho! (Bon appetit!)
Serve in: 200ml glass
8 shots of espresso (240ml)
240ml condensed milk
240ml heavy whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
cocoa powder for dusting
- Whip cream and vanilla extract until soft peaks form, cover and refrigerate.
- Brew Colombia El Bombon using a stovetop or espresso machine and pour 2 shots (60 ml) each into four glasses.
- Add 60ml of condensed milk to each glass – the condensed milk will sink to the bottom, creating a separate layer to the espresso.
- Top each glass with 60ml of the vanilla whipped cream.
- Dust with cocoa powder, serve immediately with a spoon and “ia comer!” (dig in!)